Visa information, Countries Know how’s and other details summarized for your better understanding about Study in United Kingdom
United Kingdom is yet another dream destination for study and travel for Indian students and travelers. It is a land of diverse culture and religion. It is considered one of the best countries to live in and for study.
United Kingdom is actually made up of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. For a quite long time it has been a major in world politics and international affairs.
Taking part in two world wars and end of British Empire around the globe, still UK remains one of the great economic and military powers in the world. With considerable political and cultural influence around the world UK is one of the best countries to live in study in.
UK is itself a country of diversity. With its population around 65.6 million you can easily find people of many religions. This diversity is a vital resourse of Uk’s to teach its students the harmony of peace and also a student can see varied cultures ion one place. Yet the country has been struggling with issues revolving around multiculturalism, immigration and national identity.
After a terrorist attack by Islamic radicalism in 2005 in London the debate on immigration laws and flexibility has started and some are quite against getting more immigrants in the country.
Currently the trends are also not in favor of study in UK programs as the immigration laws have been revised and it is very tough in getting a visa. If study is granted the UK is not providing any residency options to the immigrants.
But still the British education system is renowned worldwide. Many countries like India still follow the same education system.
1. The UK’s higher education system is world-famous
As discussed earlier also the British Education System is one of the best education systems and is exercised by almost all the countries that were under British rule. All those countries like India are famous for producing great brains that are famous for the fields of technology, Science etc.
2. Quality assured
The British colleges and universities are famous worldwide. The Graduation/ PG degrees are recognized all over the world. The best infrastructure and industry exposure is assured I you study in UK.
3. The UK style of teaching
The UK teaching system is designed to encourage you to ask questions, debate and come up with your own ideas. Universities and colleges combine practical learning with lectures and seminars and embrace innovative teaching methods and high-tech learning environments.
4. Choice and flexibility
One of the best things about UK higher education is the chance to really pursue your interests. There are a wide range of courses on offer, from the traditional to the cutting-edge, from Computer Games Development to Entrepreneurship.
EU/EEA/Swiss nationals do not need a visa. Non-EU/EEA/Swiss nationals do need a visa
UK Student Visa categories
- Short-term study visa
- Tier 4 (Child) student visa
- Tier 4 (General) student visa
For Details enquiry Consult our Counselors
Tier 4 (General) student visa
UK grants many types of visa but the most common is Tier 4 (General) student visa. You can apply for this visa route if you are:
- 16 years or above
- Have been offered an unconditional place on a course with a licensed Tier-4 sponsor.
- Have financial resources to fund your study and study in the UK.
- You can stay up to 1 week in advance, if your course lasts 6 months or less.
- You can stay up to 1 month in advance, if your course lasts more than 6 months.
- There is no fixed threshold on how long you can stay using this visa as it varies from course to course. While some courses may allow you an easy route to pursue post-study work in UK, others may have some restrictions and conditions.
Documents required for Tier 4 (General) Student Visa
- A current or any other valid travel ID/passport
- UK Student Visa documents showing you have the financial resources to finance your studies and living expenses for the duration of your stay
- Parental or legal guardian consent for those below the age of 18 years
- If you are from a region where you have to take the tuberculosis (TB) test, get a report of your latest Health status.
- Funds /Sponsorship papers