Visa information, Countries Know how’s and other details summarized for your better understanding about Study in Switzerland
Switzerland is a land of diversity opportunity and culture. To live in a different country with different geography and culture one has to adapt to major climate, cultural changes. To help you adapt to Switzerland, We have accumulated some points to give a brief know how about living in Switzerland :
Switzerland tops the list of any person for travel destination. When we say the name Switzerland we think about majestic mountain ranges, beautiful landscapes, sunsets and also the famous Swiss army knife. Switzerland has four national languages, amazing cuisine, fantastic eminence and more than 1.5 million cows which make the Switzerland to be one of the many countries famous for its chocolate.
Switzerland offers an international study experience with visitation pleasure. 20 % of the total student population is international student in Switzerland. This makes it a perfect study and travel destination.
- There are many scholarship opportunities for international students:
- Its one of the most fantastic countries to study in:
- The excellent Swiss MBA is worldly renowned:
As Compared to other European countries the tuition fee in Switzerland is slightly lower. Low tuition fees alone are not a single benefit to entice potential students, generous government- and university scholarships make Switzerland becomes an increasingly irresistible destination to study and travel
Switzeland is a land of breathtaking lanscapes. The iconic Swiss Alps, cow-dotted pastures and serene blue lakes offer a scenic backdrop for a student. Many Universities/colleges/institutions are located near the Alps themselves for easy access to a wondrous view.
Switzerland is known as the European Business hub and is also home to world famous business school in the fields of hospitality, banking, pharmaceuticals and chemicals — making it a most desired place to learn and work. Many multinational corporations are headquartered here because the country is investing heavily in both education and research.
Living costs all over Switzerland are expensive, and managing your monthly expenses without making any compromise could be a tough challenge in Switzerland.
You should plan an average budget of around 1,000 and 1,400 EUR/month to pay for: housing, food, transportation, tuition, supplies and a few leisure activities. However, Geneve and Zurich are the most expensive cities that require a budget exceeding 1,500 EUR/month.
Here is how much you will spend, on average, in these Swiss cities:
- Geneve – around 1,600-1,700 EUR/month
- Zurich – between 1,200 and 1,700 EUR/month
- Bern – around 1,100 EUR/month
- Basel – between 900 and 950 EUR/month
- Here is what Indian students have to do to get a student visa that will allow them to study in Switzerland:
- You can schedule a visa appointment online through a visa application centre for the embassy of Switzerland in India. Bring your application documents there and have your biometrics collected.
- Indian students maybe have to provide biometrics during the visa application process. Your biometrics are, basically, extra identification (e.g. fingerprinting and pictures) that countries use for security purposes.
- You maybe have to attend a visa interview during the application process.
- The National Visa D from Switzerland is valid for up to unknown. So that you can stay during your entire degree programme, you may need to renew your visa every year. If you want to stay in Switzerland after your degree is over, you will have to apply for a different visa, or a visa renewal through the immigration office.
list of documents required for Switzerland:
- Attested copies of X, XII & Graduate Degree (if applicable), Mark Sheets including Backlogs (Re-sits)
- Evidence of English Language proficiency e.g. IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
- Standardized Tests e.g. GMAT, GRE (depends on opted course)
- Two academic references
- Two references from employers (where applicable)
- Passport sized photographs
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Draft for application fees, if applicable
- Portfolio (for Art, Design & Architecture programme)
- Other Certificates & Achievements of Extracurricular Activities