Visa information, Countries Know how’s and other details summarized for your better understanding about Study in Singapore
Singapore is a land of diversity opportunity and culture. To live in a different country with different geography and culture one has to adapt to major climate, cultural changes. To help you adapt to Singapore , We have accumulated some points to give a brief know how about living in Singapore :
One of the wealthiest city state in South Asia is Singapore. It was a British trading post now is known as global financial hubs and also known as Asia economy tiger. Singapore is very famous tourist and study destination. Singapore takes pride in the country stability and security and its strict local laws.
Most of the population is Chinese which covers more than 75% of the community. The remaining population has Malays and Indians.
Singapore is densely populated Most of the people live in Public housing tower blocks. Its trade-driven economy is heavily supported by foreign workers. In 2013, the government forecast that by 2030, immigrants will make up more than 50% of the population.
Some of the top tourist attractions in Singapore are :
- The Orchard Road district (full of shopping centres and hotels).
- Singapore Zoo and Night Safari.
- Singapore shopping belts (The Orchard Road, Marina Bay, Bugis Street, Chinatown, Little India, and more).
- The island of Sentosa with Tiger Sky Tower.
Republic of Singapore
- Population 5.3 million
- Area 660 sq km (255 sq miles)
- Major languagesEnglish, Malay, Mandarin, Tamil
- Major religions Taoism, Buddhism, Islam, Christianity, Hinduism
- Life expectancy 79 years (men), 84 years (women)
- Currency Singapore dollar
Students who are interested in courses like animation, designing Software programming and games development prefer Singapore to study. Other courses like Law, Management and Engineering or their combination are also popular in students from Asian origin. With numerous technological companies having offices in Singapore and some institutions offering scholarships for students with a ‘work in Singapore clause’, Singapore has become a popular study destination for Indians.
why students choose Singapore as a study destination:
- English-taught courses are on offer at most institutes.
- Tuition fees and living expenses are less compared with other countries abroad.
- A lot of scholarship options are available.
- With many Indians and Sri Lankans living there, Singapore has a strong South-east Asian community. Student life is pretty exciting in Singapore!
- The country’s strict law enforcement policy and stable political environment offers students a lot of safety.
- Zero tolerance to racism and drugs.
- Some institutions offer courses in partnership with leading American and Australian institutions.
- Well-connected to the rest of Asia as Singapore has one of the best airports in the region.
- With good academic performance, chances of securing a job in Singapore are higher.
Singapore student visa:
In Singapore, every visa is referred to as a ‘Pass’. Type of passes available are as follows.
- Student Pass
- employment pass
- social visit pass.
And few others
You must submit new applications for Student Pass at least one month before your course starts and not more than two months. To apply for the Student Pass, you must submit your application on the official registration system — Student’s Pass On-Line Application & Registration (SOLAR) system.
All international students except Immigration Exemption Order holders have to apply for the Student Pass, if they want to pursue full-time studies in Singapore’s IHL.
Singapore student pass requirements for Indian in same order as given hereunder:
- International student application form
- One Passport size photo (less than 6 months old)
- Visa application fee
- Bank Statements – ORIGINAL for the last 28 days from all sponsors
- Transcripts (Mark sheets -from 10th class till the last degree obtained)
- Affidavit of Support to be given by the sponsor on Rs.20 stamp paper (non-judicial)
- Work experience certificate
- Fixed Deposit Receipts
- Bank loan sanction letter
Applicants are encouraged to submit application at least 1.5 months before the commencement of the course.
For detailed information on Passes and Documents required Please get in touch with us.