Visa information, Countries Know how’s and other details summarized for your better understanding about Study Germany
Germany is a land of diversity opportunity and culture. To live in a different country with different geography and culture one has to adapt to major climate, cultural changes. To help you adapt to Germany , We have accumulated some points to give a brief know how about living in Germany:
Benefit from a high quality educational system to help you advance in your career, learn a new language by making new friends and socializing with other students, and gain an amazing life experience to remember for years to come by studying and living as a foreign student in Germany.
There are hundreds of universities in Germany that have free or very low-fee tuition programs available for international students. Whether you want to study Engineering, Medicine, Architecture, or Business, Germany is the place to be.
Combining high quality education with a unique cultural experience living in Germany is the main reason why young people from all around the world come to Germany.
10 Great Reasons to Study in Germany
Free-tuition education in most universities (and very low fees in others)
- World class education by highly qualified staff
- Hundreds of academic courses to choose from
- Interesting country to explore with a profound history
- Cultural diversity and students from all over the world
- Practice speaking both English and German
- Endless oppportunities to work in Germany after you graduate
You can study every subject in English, no need to speak German.
- The cost of living, on average, is around 700-800€ including rent, food, transport, health insurance, telephone/internet, study materials and leisure activities.
- Besides studying, you have the chance to live and explore one of the world’s most developed countries and its unique culture, history and landscape.
Study abroad exams
- Aptitude exams
- Student Scholarships
- Scholarships to Study Abroad
- Study abroad application writing
- Statement of purpose (SOP)
- Letter of recommendation (LOR)
- Admission Essay
- Student CV
- Student Visa
- Shiksha counseling service
- DHL Student offer
- valid passport (issued within the last 10 years and with at least 12 months validity left after the scheduled return)
- 1 copy of your passport’s data page (A4 size copy)
- 3 passport pictures according to biometric specifications
- Personal covering letter with entire travel plan (itinerary) explaining the exact purpose and duration of stay
- For Minors:
- If travelling unaccompanied by parent(s), consent letter signed by both parents & applicant
- Form signed by both parents
- Copy of the parent(s)’ passports data page
- proof of payment of study fees if applicable
proof of other academic qualifications, if applicable
- proof of language proficiency in English and/or German (ONLY if course is taught in German)
- No-objection certificate of school or university (if student) (blocked account) in Germany in the name of the applicant showing a minimum balance of 8640,- Euros and the remark that the account holder can dispose of a monthly amount of 720,- Euros – Confirmation of an annually renewable bank guarantee from a bank in Germany in the amount of 8640,- Euros – PLEASE NOTE: You cannot withdraw more than 720 Euros per month from a blocked account. However, especially at the beginning of your stay, you might be required to spend more than 720 Euros in a month (e.g. to pay a deposit when renting a room or an apartment). It is therefore highly recommended to make sure that you have access to sufficient financial means according to your individual situation.
- Proof of financial status:
- If employed: Pay slips of the past three months / employment contract
- If self-employed: Certificate of Proprietorship or other proof of ownership (proof of land title, proof of income from agriculture (sales form) etc.)
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Form 16 (Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary)
- Personal bank statement of the past three months with sufficient funds
- Proof of accommodation for your entire stay in the Schengen area
Flight reservation, (rail tickets, others, if internal travel involved).
- Travel health insurance (Kindly refer to www.india.diplo.de/visa to find out about the travel health insurances accepted)
- Proof of civil status: Marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable